Wednesday 24 February 2021

My holiday adventure

 In the January holidays I broke my femur while I was riding my motorbike. The femur is the bone at the top of your thigh.

My Dad and Mia took me to the hospital in Greymouth.  They took me into a room and I had to wait for the Doctors. Then I had an x-ray, and got some injections to get rid of the pain. Then all the Doctors decided to transfer me to Christchurch. They put me in the ambulance to take me to the airfield, then transferred me into the plane. I got flown to Christchurch, then put in another ambulance and taken to the hospital. Another needle in the ambulance made me talk a lot!

Then I sat in a weird hospital bed, and slept for a bit. They moved me to a room in the middle of the night. 
They put me into a bed that had bandages holding my leg up in the air. I got to watch TV in this room. The Doctors came in and they told me I would be having surgery soon. A guy came in and took me in to the room - he has the same birthday as me!

Then they gave me the weird helium stuff and I fell asleep while they did the surgery. I am getting around on crutches and in a wheelchair because I can't put any weight on my leg.

So now I have a plate and screws holding my leg together. This Friday I am getting an x-ray, then I will go to Christchurch next week to see when I'll be able to start walking on my leg again. And later in the year, I need to have another operation to get the plate taken out. 

This was bad summer holiday journey!!



2 comments:

  1. Oh wow Ty hearing the story of what happened like this shows how strong you have been through this whole thing. I love how you are able to remember details like that man shared the same birthday as you!

    You are doing so well on your crutches but we really do miss you smiling face each day and we can't wait for you to be back full time again.

    Good Luck at the Drs next week.

    Regards,

    Mrs B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ty, its Tyler here. That's awesome that I get to know what actually happened. Hopefully I'll be able to see you someday soon.
    See ya, Bye.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.